Friday, August 7, 2009

I am thinking...

that there may be some future bloggy material in this here bag...

Megan was cleaning out the junk drawer in her room today & found a couple of rolls of undeveloped film. Which reminded me of the box in my closet full of disposable cameras from back in the day that I never developed. I imagine most of them are full of pictures that the kids took. Santa always brought them one in their stocking to capture Christmas with & I always sent one along on field trips. Does Costco still develop film? I know that I've heard that some drug stores have stopped offering film development & only do digital now. I'll have to check...

While digging through the box of disposables, I also found this beauty.


I vaguely remember that this was my last point & shoot before I went digital. I don't remember what year Michael bought me my first digital for Christmas but I know it was in this house, so it's been within the last 10 years. This baby still had 18 shots left on it, so I started snapping pictures of Megan & Ben, who were near by. And then I looked at the back of my camera to see what the shots looked like...and got sad because there was no little screen. Megan thought that was pretty darn hysterical, tears of laughter streaming down her face, laughing at her dear old mom. So I went in for the zoom. And the camera started changing before our very eyes...

um, yeah. Needless to say, those shots probably won't be of the best quality.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I think it was happy to see us.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, how funny! I would have done the same thing (looking for the photo on the non-existent screen)! Those are going to be some interesting pictures!