Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The mustache wasn't quite what he wanted & it's pretty uneven, but frankly, we're lucky he even got one at all. (btw... we were in SUCH a hurry because hes' riding his bike to school these days. It's hard to get that kid off of his bike now! Who would've thought?)
Mom & I are flying out to Illinois tomorrow for the funeral. I have lots to do before then, but I'm so appreciative of Michael for all of his help and his willingness to do what needs to get done to make things easier on me. I love you honey!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Megan should be here in about 5 hours. Parmesan & Roasted Garlic Chicken for dinner. Yumminess!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Jordan's game this weekend got postponed until tonight, but we managed to go to 2 soccer games anyway. How pathetic are we?! Saturday we watched her old team (that she was on for 5 years) play against a team that was comprised of a lot of players from the team she played with last year. It was fun watching so many kids we know & seeing their parents, many of who are great friends & who we miss very much. Sunday was a beautiful day (almost sweater weather, but not quite. Actually, not really close, but it wasn't unbearably hot, so we enjoyed it), so we decided to get out of the house the only way we know how... we went to a soccer game. We went to watch the local college girls play. Unfortunately, the home team lost, but all in all it was a really nice day.
I'm so glad the Rays are in the World Series, but GEEZ! I am so tired after staying up til after midnight watching those games. I hadn't planned on getting so involved in the whole thing, but I am. I'm looking forward to getting a good night's sleep tonight so I can stay up to watch the games... goodness knows I need it because I was CRANKY yesterday! Michael could barely stand me & I don't blame him because I could barely stand myself.
Megan is coming home this weekend. :) YEAH! She's coming in on Thursday night, so I think she's going to join me for a Friday morning... I'm looking forward to it.
I'll try to post a more coherent post tomorrow...this one is all over the place, but hopefully that good night's sleep will help me make some sense.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
If she gets dress code today, I will not be going to the school, as I suggested that she may want to put on a pair of shorts underneath. I was given the "idiot mom" glare, which means she is on her own with this one.
BTW, I hadn't realized that dress code violation=referral. Not cool. Apparently, the Dress Code Nazi was on a rampage that day... I guess she thinks that Spirit Week is a distraction from the education process. Whatev! Thankfully, one of Jordan's teacher's saw the whole thing go down & the dress code violation has been "taken care of". Sometimes it pays off to be a good kid. And she is a good kid, despite the "idiot mom" glare.
Monday, October 13, 2008
I had just gotten out of the shower when I get a text message from Jordan saying that she had dress code violation & that I had to pick up her clothes. Now, you SAW what she wore to school today, she was completely appropriate & adorable.
So I texted her back: Do I need to bring more clothes?
Jordan: Yes please. I'm wearing freaking leggings.
Aargh! So I put on "bank clothes" (see #8) to go to the school (instead of the shorts & tshirt I was going to wear to the grocery store), grab some jeans for Jordan & head out the door... FUMING!!!
As soon as I get in the car, I call Michael to vent (read:scream) about the situation. All I could figure is that some teacher had deemed the skirt too short (like my mom had in the comments) and had made her take it off, but I couldn't figure out why the leggings by themselves were okay. I was sure it was some ugly teacher that was just jealous that Jordan looked better than she did in the 80s. I was on a rampage... baring my mommy claws & ready to rip someone to shreds, which I don't do often, or very well for that matter. He, too, was incredulous, but he was able to calm me down enough so he wouldn't have to read about me in the paper tomorrow by the time I got to school. When I get to Student Affairs, Jordan was at lunch, which was about to be dismissed, so I waited to try to catch her in the hall... ready to raise some HELL (but not as much hell I was going to raise before I talked to Michael) especially after seeing A LOT of other kids dressed very similarly to Jordan when she left this morning.
So I find Jordan & she explains to me that she was hot first period so SHE TOOK OFF THE LEGGINGS and that a teacher walked by her when she was a TA (teacher's assistant) in 2nd period & busted her. Rather than letting her just put the leggings back on under the skirt, they confiscated the skirt & made her put on the leggings instead. I know the skirt was a little short (especially since Mom pointed it out to me this morning), but she's worn it before & it hasn't been an issue. I can (kind of) understand the schools' perspective on this because some kids might put the leggings on now & take them off a little while later. After all, all kids are not perfect like mine (and yours, of course!). I think I'm going to have to put the blame on Jordan for this one... I mean if she had started the morning in jeans & had gotten hot first period, I'm SURE she would have left her pants on, right? But, she was so upset I didn't give her a hard time. Anyway, bloodshed was avoided & the only damage done was that I had to make a withdrawal from my closet bank.
I know this ended up being not so exciting of a story, but as I was driving to the school, I was sure it would make great blogger fodder. So thought I'd share anyway. Aren't you happy you read until the very end? :)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Tomorrow Jordan has an 8am game...about an hour from home. Ben's 5th grade class is meeting at the movie theater to watch City of Ember, which is based on a book they've been reading in class, at 11:30. Normally, I hate to miss her games, but in this case I'm glad to be going to the movie. The game is part of a tournament, so I'll be able to get my soccer fix later
Saturday afternoon & Sunday morning. I'm also excited that I get to borrow my dad's mac daddy camera this weekend to take pictures of her games. Hopefully, I'll have some good ones to share
Have a great weekend everyone & GO RAYS, GATORS & BUCS!!!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I hope he finishes fairly early so he can take me to lunch.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
After a few more trips around the block, here is his sweaty self relaxing on the sofa.
What I didn't tell you earlier is that this week is Bike Safety Week at school. Tomorrow is the Bike Safety Rodeo for the 5th grade and that Ben was worried that he wouldn't be able to participate. No more worries for my little guy! Now wasn't that worth a torn ligament in your toe, Michael? :)
1. Michael & I first "went together" in the 6th grade. I think that lasted about a week, but we've been together since our junior year in high school when we went to MORP, a Sadie Hawkins style dance. He was actually the "date" of my friend, Mari, but we went as a group. That's the night the magic started! We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary next July.
2. I don't fold towels. I will wash them, but it's Jordan's job to fold them. If she's got a really busy week, the basket will pile up halfway up the wall, but I still will not fold them. I hate our linen closet & I refuse to deal with it. I'm stubborn like that.
3. We have 2 1/2 cats. Elliott & Harry live here full-time, but George spends most of his time at the neighbors (who we don't know). The first time Michael saw George go into their house, he said it felt like he was being cheated on.
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to the movies. Michael & I went all the time when we were dating (he worked at the theater, so we got in for free). We don't have time to go together these days, so on Friday mornings, when I get a chance, I go to the movies by myself. It's only $5 a ticket before noon on Fridays & I go see movies Michael wouldn't want to see anyway. It brings me great joy.
5. I have known my 3 BFFs forEVER! I met Mari in the 6th grade (we're still friends, even though I stole her date) & I met Kristen & Jennifer in 8th grade. I love them all so much & even though I don't see any of them nearly often enough these days, they will always be my unconditional friends.
6. My favorite place to be is at a soccer game. I love to watch my girls play (and Ben too, but he doesn't play anymore), but I also love to go watch my friends' kids play or my kid's friends play or really anyone I know or who I have heard about. We're kind of "soccer stalkers" that way. If Ben didn't hate it, we could (and would) spend all weekend, every weekend at the field. This is also the way we avoid doing work around the house on the weekends... [I'm not big on watching soccer on tv though, unless it's a college game where I know someone who is playing]
7. I clean when I talk on the phone. If I get a phone call from a friend, I immediately get up & start cleaning without even thinking about it. If the conversation lasts long enough, I can get the whole house clean. If I need to clean, but don't really feel like it, I will start calling my friends & hope someone is available to talk. I think this started when my cousin & I were young moms & spent hours on the phone. So, call me, I've got lots to do. :)
8. Every morning I iron everyone's clothes for the next day. Then, I try to wear things in my closet that don't need to be ironed & save the ironed clothes. To me, ironed clothes in the closet are like money in the bank. I like to know they are there.
9. I'm a morning person. I'm usually up at 5:30 & I go non-stop until 9am, when I take a break to eat breakfast & watch Regis & Kelly's host chat. I'm super productive in the morning, but lose steam around 2pm.
10. I can't wait for the election to be over.
That's it for me. All the blogs I usually read have already posted this, so if you're reading this & you want to do it, leave me a comment & let me know about it. For those of you that I sent an email to with a link to this, I tag you to start a blog & start it with your 10 random facts about you. It's fun & a lot more fun when people you know are doing it. Just go to blogger.com & you're on your way...