Monday, January 12, 2009

Ghetto Fabulous

A few years ago, Michael bought me a laptop for my birthday. A really nice one with lots of bells & whistles & lots of memory. (I don't know the details, I just know it was a good machine). I'm very hard on computers. I really don't know much about them, but I love them. Between my photos, my ITunes & all the other crap I've downloaded, I have pushed this baby to it's very limits. Every few months it tells me that the memory is almost full & I have to go through & delete what I don't need & I now have my recipes & photos all backed up onto an external hard drive "just in case".

A few months ago, my baby just started randomly shutting itself down while I was using it. I think it's overheating. Today has been particularly rough... I'm trying to scan my grandmother's old photos for the family & it shut itself down 4 times in a row. About an hour ago, I came up with this solution & (knock on wood), so far it seems to be working...

that's a container of ice placed right behind the fan. :) Ghetto Fabulous!!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

That is very clever! LOL! Whatever works....mama needs her laptop!