Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Bucket

So last night Ben starts complaining that his stomach hurt & asked for "the bucket". Being the fine (& exhausted) mom that I am, I brought him the bucket, gave him a kiss & then I left him in the living room with Michael while I went to bed to get some "preemptive sleep" in case Ben & I had to spend an all-nighter with "the bucket". I seriously crashed. Woke up at 7am relieved that Ben hadn't needed me. Then I hear him come in & tell Michael that "the bucket" needs to be washed out. Turns out my boy had been sick all night while his momma slept. Thankfully, Michael took good care of my little guy, but I've sure had a case of the Mommy Guilts all day.

He's still feeling pretty poorly, but I'm happy to say he hasn't had need of "the bucket" for about 12 hours now. Looks like it was just a 24 hour bug, but I'm keeping him home tomorrow, seeing as he's still only living on popsicles & Jell-o.

I'll be happy when he's back to his old self & antagonizing Jordan.

Who, by the way, has been wearing one of these around the house...just in case.


hmmm... maybe he's antagonizing her without even trying.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Poor guy! I'm glad he seems to be feeling better- being sick is never fun!

ben said...

Gotta love that bucket.