Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm it.

I was tagged by Joanne.

10 Random Facts That You May or May Not Have Known About Me

1. Michael & I first "went together" in the 6th grade. I think that lasted about a week, but we've been together since our junior year in high school when we went to MORP, a Sadie Hawkins style dance. He was actually the "date" of my friend, Mari, but we went as a group. That's the night the magic started! We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary next July.

2. I don't fold towels. I will wash them, but it's Jordan's job to fold them. If she's got a really busy week, the basket will pile up halfway up the wall, but I still will not fold them. I hate our linen closet & I refuse to deal with it. I'm stubborn like that.

3. We have 2 1/2 cats. Elliott & Harry live here full-time, but George spends most of his time at the neighbors (who we don't know). The first time Michael saw George go into their house, he said it felt like he was being cheated on.

4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to the movies. Michael & I went all the time when we were dating (he worked at the theater, so we got in for free). We don't have time to go together these days, so on Friday mornings, when I get a chance, I go to the movies by myself. It's only $5 a ticket before noon on Fridays & I go see movies Michael wouldn't want to see anyway. It brings me great joy.

5. I have known my 3 BFFs forEVER! I met Mari in the 6th grade (we're still friends, even though I stole her date) & I met Kristen & Jennifer in 8th grade. I love them all so much & even though I don't see any of them nearly often enough these days, they will always be my unconditional friends.

6. My favorite place to be is at a soccer game. I love to watch my girls play (and Ben too, but he doesn't play anymore), but I also love to go watch my friends' kids play or my kid's friends play or really anyone I know or who I have heard about. We're kind of "soccer stalkers" that way. If Ben didn't hate it, we could (and would) spend all weekend, every weekend at the field. This is also the way we avoid doing work around the house on the weekends... [I'm not big on watching soccer on tv though, unless it's a college game where I know someone who is playing]

7. I clean when I talk on the phone. If I get a phone call from a friend, I immediately get up & start cleaning without even thinking about it. If the conversation lasts long enough, I can get the whole house clean. If I need to clean, but don't really feel like it, I will start calling my friends & hope someone is available to talk. I think this started when my cousin & I were young moms & spent hours on the phone. So, call me, I've got lots to do. :)

8. Every morning I iron everyone's clothes for the next day. Then, I try to wear things in my closet that don't need to be ironed & save the ironed clothes. To me, ironed clothes in the closet are like money in the bank. I like to know they are there.

9. I'm a morning person. I'm usually up at 5:30 & I go non-stop until 9am, when I take a break to eat breakfast & watch Regis & Kelly's host chat. I'm super productive in the morning, but lose steam around 2pm.

10. I can't wait for the election to be over.

That's it for me. All the blogs I usually read have already posted this, so if you're reading this & you want to do it, leave me a comment & let me know about it. For those of you that I sent an email to with a link to this, I tag you to start a blog & start it with your 10 random facts about you. It's fun & a lot more fun when people you know are doing it. Just go to blogger.com & you're on your way...

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Nice job.......
I'll be over to fix that linen closet, mine has everything folded the same way...I know, I'm a wierdo!!