Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Gig is up.

Conversation in our household this evening...


Michael: (Hanging out with Ben, noticing his shirt) This is a good quality shirt. Beth, where did you get it? JCPenney's?
Beth: No, Dillards.
Ben: (With total & complete sarcasm that only an 11 year old can muster) You mean, where did "Barnaby" get this shirt? (You know, that Christmas Elf?)


Darnit!!! So, apparently the kid has been onto us for about 2 years now. I was beginning to worry about him, being 11 & all...but he knew he had a good thing going and has had US jumping through hoops to keep the secret.


For the last few years, I've been looking forward to this day (after all, he is 11, I've been doing this for 18 years & I've never been very good at it... I always felt like I was on the verge of giving it away), but I'm sad. Megan graduated this year & now THIS! Although I'll be a "Mom" for the rest of my life, my "Mommy" years are rapidly coming to an end. How can that be?! (For my 3 readers that don't know me IRL, please note now that I was a VERY young mom, REALLY! I was only 19 when Megan was born, Michael was exactly 20 & 1 week... I couldn't decide which was worse, you thinking we were OLD or knowing we were teen-age statistics, either way it doesn't matter, some of you will probably think we're old anyway, although WE ARE NOT!!!) Anyway, I digress... what I really want to say is that this seems like it was only yesterday...


Wasn't she adorable?! Megan was almost 2 here, about 2 weeks from becoming a big sister and just becoming aware of the big, red, chimney guy who brings presents... SIIIIIIGH!
Although I'm sure that the big, red guy will continue to come down our chimney for many more years to come...

1 comment:

Yellow Beads said...

oh well, you new the day would come :( Love the new header!