Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mr. Pibb, Firebreathing Gator and Pie...OH MY!

Megan got home in time to go to dinner with us for Ben's birthday last night. We went to a Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse (this was not his surprise, we are doing the surprise Saturday night). We shared a table with a couple celebrating their anniversary & the Hibachi chef was really funny & made Ben & the couple feel really special. Although I brought my camera to the restaraunt, I never got it out of my purse, so I won't be amusing you with pictures of Ben's reaction to the onion volcano or of Michael's face when the bill came. :) [let's just say THIS should have been the birthday surprise]

When we got home, Ben opened his presents... and went from being my normally super-chill, mild mannered son to this guy...


Super Caffeinated Birthday Boy Who Had One Too Many Refills of Mr. Pibb


At some point in the evening, either the excitement of being home or her brother's behavior started to rub off on Megan (who only drank water) and she decided to become a firebreathing Gator...


Instead of birthday cake, (Mrs. Smith &) I baked Ben his favorite dessert in the whole wide world, Pumpkin Pie. Because the kid obviously need to add some sugar to his caffeine high.


...and a good time was had by all! Thanks to everyone who wished him a Happy Birthday, he thanked you himself in the comments section of yesterday's post. No, I don't have any idea what Hobey Ho means, I think it's from the series of books he's currently reading (The Pendragon Series by DJ MacHale).
Now, for your Jordan update: The Region III team beat the Region IV (west of Texas) team today 5-3 (I guess there was one super-stud on that team from Alaska who scored a hat trick). Jordan played the whole game. Tomorrow, all of the Interregional participants will have Thanksgiving dinner together & then go to the movies. Her team plays the U16 Nat'l team on Friday, then she comes home! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom I have a qustion whats that metal thing in the pic of meg breathing fire though her nose?


Hobey ho

Joanne said...

It looks like it was a fun birthday! I hope Ben is super surprised tonight !! Can't wait to hear about it :)