Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pow!

So today I was driving to Jordan's game & talking to Michael on my cell phone when all of a sudden there was a really load explosion outside & I lost the cell signal. I was still moving along with traffic but I felt the heat through my window & saw sparks flying very high in the air in a local church parking lot. It happened just as I was passing, but I couldn't really make out anything... traffic didn't stop at all. It was the weirdest thing. As I was coming home from the game, about an hour later (Jordan's team won in an 8-0 mercy rule game) there was nothing. Only one car in the parking lot, no police or firefighters... WTF?! I got home & got online to all the local news station's websites. NOTHING!!! I'm very perplexed. It was rush hour, there was tons of traffic & an explosion, for goodness sake! Obviously and thankfully, whatever it was, no one was injured, but I'm just curious.

Anyway, if you're a local & know anything about an explosion in the or near the Bloomingdale parking lot at St. Andrew's, please let me know what the heck happened. I'm not crazy, I swear.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Strange! Could it have been an electrical Transformer ?? That's drop a signal...