Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hallelujah! Jesus Christ is Risen Today!



My favorite hymn of all time! Even though we aren't regular church goers anymore (heck, we're barely even Chr-Easters anymore), I do try to remember The Reason for the season. Every time I hear the bells ring during an Easter service, I cry. What a joyous noise!

Every Easter morning of my childhood, my dad sang this song VERY LOUDLY while we were getting ready for church. Let's just say that while God gave our family many gifts, the gift of a beautiful voice wasn't among them. But I loved it anyway. :)

When I was a kid, the Easter bunny didn't come while we were sleeping, he hopped on over while we were at church, so as not to distract from The Reason.

We would all get in the car ready to make the 7 minute drive to church, when my mom would say that she probably should use the bathroom before we left & she'd run back into the house & set out our baskets. Funny thing is, even though it was only a 7 minute drive, & we always had plenty of time to use the bathroom once we got to church, this wasn't unusual behavior for Mom. We never even batted an eye. :)

Hmmm... Maybe she did it all year long, just so we wouldn't be suspicious on Easter?! Clever. Clever. Clever. Maybe she STILL does that just in case she's ever called upon to make us Easter baskets again.

Mom, the gig is up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

No comments: