Friday, April 2, 2010

One Month

One month from today is my birthday. One of THE BIG ones. One month from today, I'll have to change my header. Crazy.

Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

Today I ran into an old friend I grew up with. She's a year older than me & she was carrying her newborn son. Crazy. My best childhood friend is pregnant with her 2nd child. Crazy. Another wonderful friend of mine from school is going through infertility treatments & desperately wants a baby. Crazy.

Today I Skyped with my darling 20 year old as she's studying abroad in Spain. Today I took my 18 year old daughter to have her nose pierced. Today I listened to my 12 year old son bang away on his drums, imagining himself to be Niel Pert.

This decade will bring these friends of mine pacifiers & playdates. I'm thrilled for them, I loved that time in my life, but I've been there & done that. Suddenly, my birthday doesn't seem quite so ominous.

Bring it!

No comments: